Facilitated by Chartered Accountants ANZ, the Achiever Program gives you the opportunity to gain valuable paid* work experience with one of our participating employers.
The process allows you to apply with multiple employers and matches you with the one that best fits your skills and their requirements.
Who is eligible to apply for the Achiever Program?
- Penultimate and final year students who are currently undertaking tertiary studies (including university and polytechnic) in accounting
- Students must be studying and residing either in Australia or New Zealand
- If you are an international student, you will also be required to upload your current visa and English language test. We will only be accepting the follow test and scores: above IELTS 6.5, CAE 176, TOEFL 79-93 or PTE 58.5.
CA ANZ celebrates a diverse environment and is proud to support candidates gaining work experience and becoming our future accounting leaders. All eligible applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or disability. We encourage our employers to support fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status where possible.
What will you gain from the program?
- Gain paid* work experience with one of our partner employers from 3 - 12 weeks between November 2023 & February 2024.
- Build your professional network which could increase your chances of landing a job.
- Real-life industry exposure, grow your knowledge, and determine your interest in different accounting service lines.
- An opportunity to apply knowledge from your tertiary studies to the real world.
What steps are involved in applying?
- online form application submission
- completing cognitive assessment
- recorded video interviewing
- a one-on-one interview with potential employers
Please note, the program will be exclusive to the Chartered Accountants ANZ student affiliate community. If you are not a student affiliate, you can sign up on the application form.
Chartered Accountants ANZ is partnering with Readygrad for the 2023 Achiever Program. Readygrad is an expert in the graduate employability space specialising in intern management and graduate recruitment programs. They will manage the application, interview, and placement process on our behalf.
Please note, that the applications are submitted via a platform called VIEPLE, if you experience any technical difficulties while uploading your application form, please reach out to the Vieple support team on [email protected].
Monday 24 July to Sunday 13 August 2023.
Did you know that the Achiever Program can lead to more than an internship? In 2022, over 70% of students that undertook the program stayed on within the organisation and continued casual, part-time, or full-time work***.
“I am always grateful for CA ANZ's Achiever Program through which I had the best opportunity to gain experience and secure a permanent position at Deloitte Australia”
Achiever Program - Student FAQsRead more
Listen to Eunice Gueco, an Achiever Program Alumni talk about her experience with the program and internship at BDO Wellington.
Want to hear more Achiever Program alumnus stories?Learn more
*The salary for student placements is at the discretion of employers and does vary from firm to firm.
***Data collected from 127 employers who participated in Summer 2021-22 and Winter 2022 Achiever Program responding to the question – Did you place any of your candidates in an ongoing position following the completion of their Achiever Placement
© 2023 Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571. All rights reserved.
Finding your passion: Madhu Borra on the Achiever Program
Madhu Borra is a recent participant of the CA ANZ Achiever Program. He shares his experience and how it sparked his passion for external auditing.
Give your career a kick start with the Achiever Program
Olivia Mahey’s enthusiasm and love for accounting led her to apply for the Achiever Program while she was a student at the University of Auckland.
Golden ticket: How the Achiever Program kick-started Ryan Loo’s career
We speak to Ryan Loo about his Achiever Program internship placement, as well as the employer who offered him the golden opportunity.
What’s an Achiever Program internship really like?
Achiever Program participants Krizelle and Courtney share their internship experience at Waitomo Petroleum Ltd.
Q&A: Achiever Program intern on her sneak peek of working in the accounting industry
Hear from university student Krizelle Requilman about how the CA ANZ Achiever Program provides an opportunity for valuable paid work experience.