Why does CA ANZ collect your personal information?
The primary purposes for which CA ANZ is collecting your personal information is to:
- process your application to participate in the Achiever Programme;
- assess whether you may be suitable for one of the placements offered by employers registered to participate in the Achiever Programme (Participating Employers);
- if applicable, process your application for registration as a CA ANZ Student Affiliate; and
- contact you with information in connection with the Achiever Programme or your membership as a Student Affiliate (as applicable).
You agree that we may also use your personal information for related secondary purposes including to:
- manage and administer events and/or programs;
- provide you with products and services; and
- otherwise communicate with you.
If you do not provide your personal information, we may be unable to process your application for participation in the Achiever Programme and your registration as a CA ANZ Student Affiliate (as applicable).
How does CA ANZ collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information when you register for the Achiever Programme or to become a CA ANZ Student Affiliate (as applicable).
We will also collect information about you from other sources. In particular, in order to facilitate the screening processes CA ANZ uses to assess your suitability for placement with Participating Employers (the Screening Processes), CA ANZ will collect your personal information from Revelian Pty Ltd ABN 58 089 022 202 (Revelian), being the third party provider engaged by CA ANZ to conduct the first stage of the Screening Processes, and Sonru Limited company number 442260 (Sonru) being the third party provider engaged by CA ANZ to conduct video interviews, during the Screening Process.
For more information about how Revelian and Sonru handles your personal information, please refer to their privacy policies set out below:
What kinds of personal information will CA ANZ collect about you?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will depend on what information you provide when registering for the Achiever Programme and undertaking the Screening Process, but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- your curriculum vitae and academic transcript you provide us as part of your registration for participation in the Achiever Programme;
- the results of the Screening Processes;
- if you are an international student, your International English Language Test System results (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT), Cambridge English Language Assessment (CAE) or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic); and
- any other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in the Achiever Programme, which may include sensitive information including your ethnicity and health.
Who do we disclosure your personal information to?
We may disclose your personal information to agents, contractors and service providers (such as where we outsource functions to third parties). In particular:
- in order to facilitate the Screening Processes, CA ANZ may disclose your personal information to Revelian and Sonru; and
- in order to facilitate final interviews by Participating Employers, CA ANZ may disclose your personal information to Participating Employers, including:
- the curriculum vitae and academic transcript you provide us as part of your registration for participation in the Achiever Programme;
- the results of the Screening Processes;
- the result of your IELTS, TOEFL iBT, CAE or PTE Academic (if applicable);
- other personal information gathered through your registration for participation in the Achiever Programme; and
Disclosure of your personal information to overseas recipients
It is likely that your personal information will be disclosed to overseas recipients. The recipients of such information are likely to be located in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
By accepting this Collection Statement, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients.
Contact and Consent
CA ANZ may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 1300 137 332 in Australia between 6am – 8pm (AEST) or 0800 469 422 in New Zealand between 8am-10pm (NZ time).
By submitting the Achiever Programme Student Registration Form, you confirm that you have read and understood this Collection Statement and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as contemplated by this Collection Statement.
Additional provisions for EU Data Subjects
The following additional provisions apply to you the (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to you. GDPR will apply to you if you are or become a resident of the member states of the EU, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein (EU data subjects).
Lawful grounds: Under the GDPR, we are permitted to process your information for the purposes described above, by relying on one or more of the following lawful grounds: (a) you have explicitly agreed that we may process your information for a specific reason; (b) the processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you; (c) the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligation; or (d) the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, which include: (i) to protect our business interests; (ii) to ensure that complaints, including complaints about member conduct, are appropriately investigated; (iii) to evaluate, develop or improve our products and services; or (iv) to keep our members informed of relevant products and services, unless you indicate that you do not wish us to do so. We generally rely on your specific consent to process special categories of personal data (i.e., ‘sensitive information’). However, in some cases (for example, relating to an alleged offence), we may need to use some of that information to comply with our legal obligations.