Future Ready Series
Designed for accounting students, Future ready gives you the opportunity to hear and learn from professionals and HR leaders who will share their career journey as well as tips and techniques to make the right career decision. The series allows you to discover your unique talents and strengths and how can you use your skills in the most compelling way when interacting with employers.
Find your fit
A career in accounting and finance can give you a diverse career pathway in forensic, sustainability, tax and financial accounting just to name a few. Many employers will ask you which area of accounting you are interested in when you apply to their graduate or internship programs. But how can you select a specialisation when you don’t know all the options, or know what each of these service lines do?
Networking 101 - learn and practice
Our networking 101 – learn and practice event will give you the opportunity to not only master your networking skills with a 1-hour workshop designed for students but also put them in practice by meeting with CA members in the second half of the event.
Pathway Panel - Regional New Zealand
Looking for a career outside of the city? Our Pathway Panel - Regional careers showcases the variety of career opportunities available to Chartered Accountants.
Quitch accounting competition
We are proud to be working with Quitch and Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) to bring all first year accounting students across Australia and New Zealand the opportunity to take part in an online accounting competition.
Eastern Australia 2 Challenge: 29 November - 3 December 2021
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand are excited to partner with illuminate Education to expand the illuminate:nextgen Challenge across Australia, empowering students to become the difference makers of tomorrow. Supported by Academy of Entrepreneurs. Hosted on campus in Sydney and remotely for students in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania.
To receive timely notifications about other events we are currently working on, be sure to sign up as a student affiliate.
In the meantime, we have number of resources that you might find useful:
- Check out our article - Top tips to keep your motivation levels high
- Learn how NZ Rugby COO Nicki Nicol CA is leading from the front
- Discover the the 5 soft skills employers will value in the new decade
- Take a look at the various service lines that accounting firms offer their clients and learn which could suit you and lead you on the path to a fulfilling career.
- If you haven't already joined a student society on your campus, Chartered Accountants ANZ sponsors a number of Accounting and Finance societies across Australia and New Zealand. Find out if we sponsor one on your campus and consider joining to connect with an invaluable network of like-minded peers and increase your employ-ability
- We offer a number of scholarships across Australia and New Zealand for students committed to the CA program. Use the link above to see if you might be eligible for any scholarship programs to help you get a leg up in your career.
Are you struggling with social isolation? We have also have a number of resources on the topic of mental health and wellbeing.
You can also see this page for a full list of all our articles.