Many students apply for grad and intern roles each year. Amid the intense competition what can you do to set yourself apart to land a role?
Equip yourself with the skills and insights that could help you to gain success by attending the Future Ready Series; a virtual three-part series open to business, accounting and finance students. The sessions are designed to support, guide, and inspire you through relevant information from industry experts and success stories from recent students.
Why you should attend:
- Learn from industry experts about the do's and don'ts in applying for a grad and intern role and how to stand out.
- Discover the skills you can work on now to improve your employability.
- Learn tips and techniques to land your dream role.
Sessions - Through the knowledge-building sessions you can find answers to the following
How to make your CV & cover letter stand out, find organisations that are hiring, and how to network with employers.
Date & time: Wednesday 3 March at 2:30 PM (AEDT)/4:30 PM (NZDT)
Cognitive testing: Can you prepare? How to ace phone screening and be prepared for the first interview?
Date & time: Thursday 11 March at 2:30 PM (AEDT) /4:30 PM (NZDT)
Speakers for Session 2:
- Anthony Takyi – CA ANZ Careers Manager/Grad Recruiter
- Soumya Kapoor – Recent Graduate at HLB Mann Judd
- Stephanie Kish – Early Careers & People Advisor at Pitcher Partners
- Jacqui Mckeown – Oceania Employer Branding Lead at EY
- George Liu – CA ANZ Auckland Student Representative
- Tracy Nicholl – Graduate Attraction & Recruitment Manager at Coles Group
Assessment Centres: Learn how to improve your team skills.
Exploring other options: What can you do if you are not successful in securing a role? How to approach not getting your first preference? How can you continue to get experience when not in an accounting/business role?
Date & time:
Australia: Wednesday 17 March at 4:00 PM (AEDT)
New Zealand: Wednesday 17 March at 4:00 PM NZDT)
Speakers for Session 3 (Australia):
- Brandon Nguyen – Campus Recruitment Senior Consultant at EY
- Prosper Musukuma – CA ANZ QLD Student Representative
- Amishree Raivadera - Talent Acquisition Consultant at BDO
- Rina Lee – Careers Engagement Manager at Chartered Accountants ANZ
- Camilla Rillstone - Senior Manager in Assurance practice at PwC
Speakers for Session 3 (New Zealand):
- Pip Dale- Talent Acquisition Advisor at BDO
- Lacey Knight – Talent Acquisition Team Leader at Auckland Council
- Casey Watt – Intermediate Accountant at KPMG
- Cory Pearson – Financial and Management Accountant at Scott Technology
- Tess Brais-Laflamme – CA ANZ South Island Student Representative
Become a student affiliate
Kick-start you future career in accounting, business and finance with the latest stories and resources to help you excel, delivered straight to your inbox.