Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand are excited to partner with illuminate Education to expand the illuminate:nextgen Challenge across Australia, empowering your students to become the difference makers of tomorrow.
In a week long challenge, students explore key concepts and ideas around starting their own business to solve a current problem in their community. The ideas are developed using contemporary business planning tools, with students presenting business plans, financial forecasts, pitch decks, marketing collateral and more to prove the viability of their business.
Each challenge is facilitated by illuminate Education's experts as well as business and community leaders, including from the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand network, who will share their experience and knowledge through presentations, assessment and feedback.
Why you should get involved and bring students onboard
The illuminate:nextgen Challenge is mapped to national vocational outcomes and fully aligned with the Australian Curriculum at the Years 9 & 10 level meeting content descriptors for English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities and Social Sciences (Economics and Business & Civics and Citizenship), Technologies (Digital Technologies), The Arts (Media Arts and Visual Arts) and Work Studies, as well as the Australian Career Development Blueprint.
Not only will your students be given an opportunity to showcase the entrepreneurial skills they have developed in the challenge, but they will also learn useful skills around:
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Digital & financial literacy
- Public speaking & presentation skills
- Organisation & perseverance
- Working in a collaborative team environment
Upcoming Events in Your Region
27 to 31 May 2019
Hosted at: Torrens University (Wakefield St. Campus)
10 to 14 June 2019
Hosted at: Murdoch University
29 July to 2 Aug 2019
Hosted at: University of Canberra
29 July to 2 Aug 2019
Hosted at: Deakin University (Burwood Campus)
New South Wales
18 to 22 November 2019
Hosted at: UTS
2 to 6 September 2019
Hosted at: Charles Sturt University
If you're interested in being a part of the event at locations other than the ones listed above, head on over to http://illuminateeducation.com.au/eoi/ to find out more information.
* CA ANZ is a presenter and partner of illuminate Education. Illuminate Education is fully responsible as the promoter for the promotion and running of the events publicised (Events) on this page. The publications available via the Curriculum links on this page (Publications) are authored and published by illuminate Education in January 2019. Any views and opinions expressed in the Publications and at the Events do not necessarily represent the views and opinion of CA ANZ. No warranty is given as to the correctness of the information contained in the publications, or of its suitability for use by you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CA ANZ is not liable for any statement or opinion, or for any error or omission contained in the publication and disclaims all warranties with regard to the information contained in it, including, without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. CA ANZ is not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages of any kind, or loss of profit, loss or corruption of data, business interruption or indirect costs, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Publication or your attendance at any Event or the information contained in the publications or at an event, whether such loss or damage arises in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, or otherwise.