Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand are excited to continue our partnership with illuminate Education Australia to see the illuminate Enterprise Challenge delivered across Australia, empowering your students to become the difference makers of tomorrow.
The illuminate Enterprise Challenge is a week-long, immersive program that allows secondary students to experience first-hand what it takes to lead change and solve relevant problems in their community in an innovative manner. Facilitated by experienced staff with the support of industry specialists, students learn more about the issue to come up with a business solution to it, making sure it connects with customers and is viable - even pitching for support to get it running after the program.
With this in mind, the illuminate Enterprise Challenge is aligned to the Australian and Victorian Curriculum across the General Capabilities as well as various subject areas and the Australian Blueprint for Career Development at Years 8, 9 and 10, with adaptations for Year 11 and 12 students.
The challenge is designed to allow students who have never completed an experience like this before to learn all of the skills and frameworks required within the week, which means there is no need for teachers to provide students with additional content or teaching. Throughout students use contemporary business tools and approaches, as they present business cases, financial forecasts, pitch presentations, digital marketing collateral and much more all in the week.
The illuminate Enterprise Challenge will again be delivered both in person and online – meaning that students from anywhere in Australia can access the program to be impacted. Each program will be hosted at a physical location, allowing students in the nearby area to come to campus, engage with facilitators and experts in person – however for those further away or impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, you can access the program digitally and be supported through dedicated facilitators to help you complete the program in your own school.
Not only will your students be given an opportunity to showcase the entrepreneurial skills they have developed in the challenge, but they will also learn useful skills around:
- Communication (speaking, writing & presentation skills)
- Understanding (critical thinking, inquiry, digital & financial literacy)
- Solving Problems (creativity, problem solving & reflection)
- Working Smarter (collaboration, organisation & perseverance)
“The illuminate Enterprise Challenge was, as described by one of our students at our school's end of year awards ceremony, a life changing experience for our Year 10 students. The week created such a positive vibe amongst those doing the challenge and indeed, throughout the entire school, and students from all years seemed to be taking an active interest… I really do believe that this challenge, and the skills that were developed by students, will have a lasting impact on them, not only for success in Year 11 and 12, but also post-school education and in their working lives. A huge thank-you must go to the illuminate Education Australia team and to our local business people that so willingly volunteered their time to be a part of the program. What invaluable mentors our students have had!”
2022 Events in Your Region
ILLUMINATE ENTERPRISE CHALLENGE | WESTERN AUSTRALIA
25 – 29 July 2022
Presented in association with Murdoch University
Hosted at Murdoch University’s Murdoch Campus in Perth, with digital participation available for students across Western Australia.
ILLUMINATE ENTERPRISE CHALLENGE | EASTERN AUSTRALIA I
1 – 5 August 2022
Presented in association with the University of Canberra
Hosted at the University of Canberra, with digital participation available for students in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania.
ILLUMINATE ENTERPRISE CHALLENGE | CENTRAL AUSTRALIA
19 –23 September 2022
Presented in association with the University of Adelaide
Hosted at the University of Adelaide, with digital participation available for students across South Australia and Northern Territory.
ILLUMINATE ENTERPRISE CHALLENGE | EASTERN AUSTRALIA II
28 November – 2 December
Hosted on campus in Sydney, with digital participation available for students in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria, and Tasmania.
Why you should get involved and bring students onboard
The illuminate Enterprise Challenge is mapped to national vocational outcomes and fully aligned with the Australian Curriculum – meaning it is not just a great experience, but a beneficial learning environment too. .
Each challenge is facilitated by illuminate Education Australia’s experts as well as business and community leaders, including from the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand network, who will share their experience and knowledge through presentations, assessment and feedback.
With over 17,000 student across Australia having completed the program, the challenge is an incredibly impactful experience that will leave your students, teachers and wider community inspired for years to come.
Future business leaders in the making
The illuminate:nextgen Challenge teaches students to build an ethical business with a sustainable financial future in a week.
* CA ANZ is a presenter and partner of illuminate Education. Illuminate Education is fully responsible as the promoter for the promotion and running of the events publicised (Events) on this page. The publications available via the Curriculum links on this page (Publications) are authored and published by illuminate Education in January 2020. Any views and opinions expressed in the Publications and at the Events do not necessarily represent the views and opinion of CA ANZ. No warranty is given as to the correctness of the information contained in the publications, or of its suitability for use by you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CA ANZ is not liable for any statement or opinion, or for any error or omission contained in the publication and disclaims all warranties with regard to the information contained in it, including, without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. CA ANZ is not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages of any kind, or loss of profit, loss or corruption of data, business interruption or indirect costs, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Publication or your attendance at any Event or the information contained in the publications or at an event, whether such loss or damage arises in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, or otherwise.