Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand are excited to partner with illuminate Education to expand the illuminate:nextgen Challenge across Australia, empowering your students to become the difference makers of tomorrow.
In a week long challenge, students explore key concepts and ideas around starting their own business to solve a current problem in their community. The ideas are developed using contemporary business planning tools, with students presenting business plans, financial forecasts, pitch decks, marketing collateral and more to prove the viability of their business.
We have adapted the delivery model of the challenge this year to a hybrid model, bringing together the traditional in person delivery mode and combining it with the reach that we have achieved through digital delivery as a result of the COVID-19 restrictions. With this new model, the challenge will allow students from a wider range of locations to access the program either in person if they live in the host city or digitally across the entire region.
Not only will your students be given an opportunity to showcase the entrepreneurial skills they have developed in the challenge, but they will also learn useful skills around:
- Communication (speaking, writing & presentation skills)
- Understanding (critical thinking, inquiry, digital & financial literacy)
- Solving Problems (creativity, problem solving & reflection)
- Working Smarter (collaboration, organisation & perseverance)
"The illuminate:nextgen Challenge was a valuable experience for our JTC year nine students. Yes, students learnt a lot about what it takes to start up a business. Importantly, they also learnt a lot about collaboration, communication, working under pressure and problem solving. Students were encouraged to participate in a real-world experience, beyond the classroom, to bring their ideas to life."
Upcoming Events in Your Region
illuminate:nextgen Challenge | Eastern Australia 2
29 November – 3 December 2021
Supported by Academy of Entrepreneurs
Hosted on campus in Sydney and remotely for students in Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania.
Why you should get involved and bring students onboard
The illuminate:nextgen Challenge is mapped to national vocational outcomes and fully aligned with the Australian Curriculum.
Each challenge is facilitated by illuminate Education's experts as well as business and community leaders, including from the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand network, who will share their experience and knowledge through presentations, assessment and feedback.
With over 13,500 students across Australia having completed the program, the challenge is an incredibly impactful experience that will leave your students, teachers and wider community inspired for years to come.
Future business leaders in the making
The illuminate:nextgen Challenge teaches students to build an ethical business with a sustainable financial future in a week.
* CA ANZ is a presenter and partner of illuminate Education. Illuminate Education is fully responsible as the promoter for the promotion and running of the events publicised (Events) on this page. The publications available via the Curriculum links on this page (Publications) are authored and published by illuminate Education in January 2020. Any views and opinions expressed in the Publications and at the Events do not necessarily represent the views and opinion of CA ANZ. No warranty is given as to the correctness of the information contained in the publications, or of its suitability for use by you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, CA ANZ is not liable for any statement or opinion, or for any error or omission contained in the publication and disclaims all warranties with regard to the information contained in it, including, without limitation, all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. CA ANZ is not liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages of any kind, or loss of profit, loss or corruption of data, business interruption or indirect costs, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Publication or your attendance at any Event or the information contained in the publications or at an event, whether such loss or damage arises in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, or otherwise.