Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
illuminate Student Affiliate Prize Draw
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter to win a Prize (defined below) forms part of these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions). Participation in the “Chartered Accountants ANZ illuminate Student Affiliate Prize Draw” (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Competition is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
2. The Competition is a game of skill for Prizes which may be won by Eligible Entrants (defined below) who submit an Eligible Entry (defined below) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry into this Competition is limited to one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant.
4. The Promoter is Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571 of 33 Erskine Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia, with contact phone number 1300 137 322 (Promoter).
5. The Competition commences at 12:00 pm (AEST) on Friday, 6 May 2022, and ends at 12:00 pm (AEDT) on Friday, 16 December 2022 (Competition Period).
6. Four (4) Prizes will be drawn following the end of each of Term 2, Term 3, and Term 4 of the high school in which illuminate Challenges are run (School Terms).
7. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
7.1 Competition Entry Question means the question: ‘In 25 words or less, describe what you believe is the most important skill an entrepreneur should possess and why?’
7.2 Eligible Entrant or Eligible Entry has the meaning given in clause 9
7.3 illuminate Challenges means the illuminate Challenges provided by Illuminate Education Australia Pty Ltd ABN 84 640 028 986 to high school students in Australia. Further information relating to these programs can be found at: https://illuminateeducation.com.au/nextgen/
7.4 Immediate Family Member means any of the following; spouse, ex-spouse, de-factor spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin
7.5 Judging Panel means the panel consisting of Jesse Spehar (Careers Engagement Manager), Jen Clark (Careers Engagement Manager) and Pulkita Garg (Careers Marketing Manager)
7.6 Prize means one (1) ‘Prezzee Card’ to the value of AUD$50.00 issued by Prezzee Pty Ltd ABN 16 602 963 422
7.7 Prize Winner means the Eligible Entry that is selected by the Judging Panel
7.8 Required Information means the Eligible Entrant’s first name, last name, gender, email address, mobile number, date of birth, region, postcode, level of study, name of school and years of study, and
7.9 You unlimited means the online portal titled ‘You unlimited’ operated by the Promoter.
Eligibility and Entries
9. To be eligible to enter to win a Prize, an entrant must, during the Competition Period:
9.1 be a natural person (and if under 18 years of age, have the written consent of their parent or guardian) and not be a company, business or organisation of any description, or an employee of the Promoter, or of any agency associated with this Competition, or any Immediate Family Member of such a person;
9.2 be a high school student currently participating in the illuminate Challenges;
9.3 register for the Promoter’s Student Affiliate programme by providing the Required Information to the Promoter by way of either completing the online entry form made available to each Eligible Entrant by the Promoter on You unlimited or by way of the alternative paper entry form made available to each Eligible Entrant; and
9.4 opt-in to the Competition within the terms of the Promoter’s entry form by marking the relevant checkbox that states ‘I wish to participate in the 2022 CA ANZ illuminate Enterprise Challenge Student Affiliate Prize Draw’,
(each eligible entrant an Eligible Entrant and each eligible entry an Eligible Entry).
10. An Eligible Entrant may make only one (1) Eligible Entry and is entitled to win no more than one (1) Prize.
Selection and Prizes
11. Following the end of each School Term, a member of the Promoter’s Careers Marketing team will collate responses to the Competition Entry Question into the form of a shortlist. The Judging Panel will then review the shortlist and decide on four (4) Prize Winners.
12. Selection of the Prize Winners will be based on what the Judging Panel consider to be the four (4) most creative, well-articulated, and unique responses within the 25 word limit set by the Competition Entry Question.
13. Each Prize Winner will receive one (1) Prize.
14. There are twelve (12) Prizes available in total. The total Prize pool is valued at AUD$600. Bonus prizes will not be awarded.
15. Prize Winners will be notified by email that they have won a Prize and the Prize will be delivered digitally, where possible, to the email address nominated by the Eligible Entrant in their entry form.
16. Prize Winners will also be announced on Illuminate Education Australia Pty Ltd’s ABN 84 640 028 986 and the Promoter’s social media platforms.
17. If a Prize Winner fails to accept their Prize within 30 days of being notified that they are a Prize Winner, the Prize Winner will be deemed to have forfeited their Prize. In those circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and re-use it for an alternative competition .
18. If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize to the equal or greater value and/or specification.
19. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
20. Gift vouchers issued by an entity other than the Promoter are subject to the terms and conditions specified by any third-party on issue.
21. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who tampers with the entry process, or who is not otherwise an Eligible Entrant. Errors or omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name and/or image in the event they are a Prize Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), complying with legislative requirements and promoting any products or services distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate, subject to the approval of all relevant state and territory regulators.
25. Any disputes by Eligible Entrants concerning the conduct of the Competition or the claiming of a Prize are to be resolved with Consumer Competition support at the details provided below.
26. Subject to clause 27, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter); (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of the Prize.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA") or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other applicable legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited to (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (1) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (a) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods (b) repairing the goods (c) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (d) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (2) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following; (a) supply the services again; and/or (b) paying the cost of having the services supplied again. To the extent the Promoter is unable to limit its liability as set out in the previous sentence. The Promoter limits its liability to the extent such liability is lawfully able to be limited.
28. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales. Each entrant (whether or not an Eligible Entrant) submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
29. Consumer Competition support is available at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1300 137 322 (Australia)
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
33 Erskine Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
P: 1300 137 322
E: [email protected]