Every student knows that building a professional network can play a crucial part in finding their first internship, grad role or job in the industry. However, networking can sometimes be overwhelming, leaving you to feel awkward to approach someone you don’t know or running out of topics to discuss. So how can you become better at it?
Our networking 101 – learn and practice event will give you the opportunity to not only master your networking skills with a 1-hour workshop designed for students but also put them in practice by meeting with CA members in the second half of the event.
- Get yourself ready with our networking skills workshop – learn new tactics, build your confidence, and practice with your peers based on different situational scenarios in this hands-on workshop facilitated by Cory Pearson CA, Young Regional Advocate 2020 | Financial and Management Accountant at SCOTT
- Put your skills to practice - Town and Gown session – Join our Chartered Accountants ANZ members for a presentation delivered by keynote speaker Mark Synnot - CEO at Colliers Real Estate, followed by a networking opportunity. Use the knowledge and skills from the workshop to approach and build meaningful connections with CAs.
Please note that to maximise opportunities for our students and members to connect, number of attendees will be limited, and registration is essential. First in, best dressed!
Who can attend:
- tertiary students – 2nd year onwards
- students currently studying accounting or finance, and
- interested to build an accounting career.
Date: Tuesday 24 August 2021
Workshop: 4pm-5pm NZST
Registrations start: 5pm NZST
Keynote address: 5:30pm– 6:15pm NZST
Joint session: 6:15pm-7pm NZST
Location: Otago Business School | Lecture Room 1.19
Last date to register: Thursday 19 August
Please note: Numbers are limited. RSVP to book your seat early.