Every year Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) employ highly motivated students majoring in accounting to become CA Student Representatives at selected university campuses across Australia and New Zealand.
This unique paid employment offers you the opportunity to join the community of Chartered Accountants (CA) Student Representatives getting exposure to industry events, networking opportunities, professional skills training, building employer connections and empowering students to pursue a career in business and accounting.
Why should I apply to become a CA Student Representative?
- Receive valuable professional development training including public speaking, presentation skills and how to influence through social media.
- The opportunity to have personal introductions to Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) contacts, partner employers and career experts within the accounting industry.
- Build your resume with industry experience.
- Grow your network of like-minded colleagues who are also pursuing a career in accounting.
What can I expect to do as a CA Student Representative?
- Represent the CA ANZ brand at a range of industry events on and off campus, during lectures, discussion groups and at high school events.
- Provide students with information about a pathway to becoming a Chartered Accountant.
- Actively promote events and new initiatives either face to face or through your social media networks.
- Liaise with university academics and student societies to ensure they’re up to date on CA ANZ news and events in your area.
- Inspire students to pursue a career in business and accounting by being the face on campus for CA ANZ.
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must currently studying a degree in business or commerce, ideally with an accounting major. This opportunity is open to students at any stage of their studies.
- Be available to commit to on average 1 – 2 hours of paid work per week for the duration of the year.
- Be studying at University for both first and second semester during 2019..
How can I apply?
Applications are currently closed and will open late 2019 for CA Student Reps to start in 2020. To make sure you are notified when applications open sign up to become a Student Affiliate.