Every year Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (Chartered Accountants ANZ) employ highly motivated students majoring in accounting to become Chartered Accountants Student Representatives at selected tertiary campuses across Australia and New Zealand.
This unique paid employment offers you the opportunity to join the community of CA Student Representatives getting exposure to industry events, networking opportunities, professional skills training, building employer connections and empowering students to pursue a career in business and accounting.
How can I apply?
Applications open September 2020*.
*These dates are indicative only and may be changed at CA ANZ's sole discretion. CA ANZ reserves the right to extend or close the application process early. CA ANZ reserves the right to reject the application of any student at its sole discretion and is not required to provide its reasons for any such rejection. As applications may close earlier, CA ANZ recommends that students submit their applications at the earliest time possible.
Why should I apply to become a CA Student Representative?
- The opportunity to have personal introductions to Chartered Accountants ANZ contacts, partner employers and career experts within the accounting industry.
- Grow your internal and external networks.
- Be mentored by an experienced Careers Engagement consultant who provide training, soft skills, introductions, advise you about graduate roles in your region and support.
What can I expect to do as a CA Student Representative?
- Represent the Chartered Accountants ANZ brand at a range of industry events on and off campus, during lectures, discussion groups and at high school events.
- Provide students with information about pathways to becoming a Chartered Accountant.
- Actively promote events and new initiatives either face to face or through your social media networks.
- Liaise with university academics and student societies to ensure they're up to date on Chartered Accountants ANZ news and events in your area.
- Inspire students to pursue a career in business and accounting by being the face on campus for Chartered Accountants ANZ.
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must currently be studying a degree in business or commerce, ideally with an accounting major. This opportunity is open to students at any stage of their studies. We may review applications from students with non-accounting degrees who have a strong interest in pursuing a career in accounting and finance.
- Be available to commit to on average 1-2 hours of paid work per week for the duration of the year.
- Be studying at university for both first and second semester during 2020.