This unique paid employment offers you the opportunity to join the community of CA Student Representatives getting exposure to industry events, networking opportunities, professional skills training, building employer connections and empowering students to pursue a career in business and accounting.
Why should I apply to become a CA Student Representative?
- Receive valuable professional development training including public speaking, presentation skills and how to influence through social media.
- Personal introductions to Chartered Accountants ANZ contacts, partner employers and career experts within the accounting industry.
- Build your resume to strengthen your employability when you graduate.
- Grow your network of like-minded colleagues who are also pursuing a career in accounting.
What can I expect to do as a CA Student Representative?
- Represent the Chartered Accountants ANZ brand at a range of industry events on and off campus, during lectures, discussion groups and at high school events.
- Provide students with information about a pathway to becoming a Chartered Accountant.
- Actively promote events and new initiatives either face to face or through your social media networks.
- Liaise with university academics and student societies to ensure they’re up to date on Chartered Accountants ANZ news and events in your area.
- Inspire students to pursue a career in business and accounting by being the face on campus for Chartered Accountants ANZ.
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must currently studying a degree in business or commerce, ideally with an accounting major. This opportunity is open to students at any stage of their studies.
- Be available to commit to on average 1 – 2 hours of paid work per week for the duration of the year.
- Be studying at University for both first and second semester during 2017.
Applications have closed. Thank you for your interest in becoming a CA Student Representative.
Do I get paid as being a CA Student Representative?
Being successful as a CA Student Representative you will be employed by Chartered Accountants ANZ as a casual employee for paid employment on a fixed term contract.
What is the selection criteria?
The selection criteria to be successful in becoming a CA Student Representative is:
- Online registration
- Short video submission
- Group assessment centre
- Face to face interview
Please ensure you register prior to 6th November as you will be prompted to complete a short video submission by that date. Group assessment centre's and face to face interviews will take place from November.
What do I need to do for the short video submission?
After you complete the first step in the application process which is an online registration, you will receive an invite to complete a short video submission. You'll be asked to video via the online platform showcasing why you want to be a CA Student Representative at your campus.
When do applications close?
Applications to complete both the online registration and video submission have closed.
Who can I contact for further information?
Please submit any additional queries via the You Unlimited Contact Us page.