CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
'YOU UNLIMITED 2020'
- Information on how to enter to win a Prize (defined below) forms part of these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Participation in the "You Unlimited 2020" ("Competition") is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. The Competition is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- In Australia, the Competition is a game of skill for an Australian Prize which may be won by three (3) Eligible Entrants in each Location, and fifteen (15) Eligible Entrants in total. In New Zealand, the Competition is a game of skill for a New Zealand Prize which may be won by three (3) Eligible Entrants in total (capitalised terms defined below).
- The Promoter is Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571 of 33 Erskine Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia ("Promoter").
- The Competition commences at 5:00pm (AEDT) on Wednesday, 11 March 2020, and ends at 8:30pm (AEDT) on Thursday, 19 March 2020 ("Competition Period"). The Competition Period may be extended in the Promoter's sole discretion.
- The Competition will be conducted on the following Competition Dates between the Start Time and the End Time at the following Locations:
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:"
- To be eligible to enter to win a Prize, an entrant must, during the Competition Period:
- An Eligible Entrant may make only one (1) Eligible Entry, and is entitled to win no more than one (1) Prize.
- Three (3) pre-selected Employers in each Location will be the judges for the Competition ("Judges").
- Entrants acknowledge that the identity of the Judges will not be made known to the entrants at the beginning of the Competition. As a result, the entrants should speak to every Exhibitor for the purposes of entering the Competition.
- Each Judge will select, in order of preference, three (3) Eligible Entrants from the You Unlimited Event who, in that Judge's opinion, best satisfy the Judging Criteria. The Eligible Entrant selected first by each Judge will win a Prize (each, a "Winner"). In the event that two or more Judges select the same Eligible Entrant, the Eligible Entrant who was selected next in order of preference by those Judges will be a Winner.
- Each Winner will receive one (1) Prize, with a maximum of three (3) Winners at each You Unlimited Event and a maximum of eighteen (18) Winners in total.
- Winners will be announced by the Judges at the You Unlimited Event at each Location, and be given their corresponding Prizes after the announcement. For the avoidance of doubt, a Winner must be physically present at the time the Prize is announced, to claim the Prize.
- A total of three (3) Prizes will be presented at the You Unlimited Event at each Location.
- There are eighteen (18) Prizes available in total. The total Prize pool in Australia is valued at AUD$1,215. The total Prize pool in New Zealand is valued at is AUD$243.
- If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize to the equal or greater value and/or specification.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
- If a Winner is not able to satisfy these Terms and Conditions, or forfeits or fails to accept their Prize, then they will be deemed to have forfeited their Prize.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who tampers with the entry process, or who is not otherwise an Eligible Entrant. Errors or omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name and/or image in the event they are a Winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), complying with legislative requirements and promoting any products or services distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate, subject to the approval of all relevant state and territory regulators.
- Subject to clause 25, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter); (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a entrant; or (f) use of the Prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA"), the Commerce Act 1986 (NZ) ("CA") or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA, CA or any other applicable legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited to (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (1) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (a) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods (b) repairing the goods (c) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (d) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (2) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following; (a) supply the services again; and/or (b) paying the cost of having the services supplied again. To the extent the Promoter is unable to limit its liability as set out in the previous sentence. The Promoter limits its liability to the extent such liability is lawfully able to be limited.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Location where the You Unlimited Event is held. Each entrant (whether or not an Eligible Entrant) submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the relevant Location.
- Consumer Promotion support is available at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 1300 137 322 (Australia) / 0800 4 69422 (New Zealand)
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 137 322
E: [email protected]
|"Competition Date"||"Start Time"||"End time"||"Location"|
|Thursday, 12 March 2020||6:00pm||8:30pm||Auckland Museum, The Auckland Domain, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand|
|Thursday, 19 March 2020||5:00pm||7:30pm||Adelaide Oval, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia|
|Wednesday, 18 March 2020||5:00pm||7:30pm||Dockside Cockle Bay Wharf, 2 Wheat Rd, Sydney NSW 2000|
|Wednesday, 11 March 2020||5:00pm||7:30pm||Pullman & Mercure Brisbane King George Square, Corner Ann & Roma Streets, Brisbane QLD 4000|
|Wednesday, 18 March 2020||5:00pm||7:30pm||Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, 21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth WA 6000, Australia|
|Wednesday, 18 March 2020||5:00pm||7:30pm||The Sofitel, 25 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000, Australia|
a. "Australian Prize" means a Rocketbook Fusion notebook and additional CA ANZ branded merchandise (such as drink bottle, flex bands and reusable straw) subject to availability in each Location;
b. "Exhibitor" means a person selected by the Promoter as an 'Exhibitor' for the purposes of an You Unlimited Event;
c. "You Unlimited Event" means each of the events referred to in clause 5;
d. "immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin;
e. "Judging Criteria" means a combination of professional manner, the quality of the questions asked to the Exhibitor and leaving a positive impression, how appropriately dressed an entrant is, their handshake, eye contact, whether the entrant has done their research on the Exhibitor's organisation, how much thought the entrant has put into the questions they are asking and if the questions being asked are unique questions rather than just the standard ones;
f. "New Zealand Prize" means a Rocketbook Fusion notebook and additional CA ANZ branded merchandise (such as drink bottle, flex bands and reusable straw) subject to availability per region; and
g. "Prize" means:
(i) in respect of the Locations in Australia, the Australian Prize; and
(ii) in respect of the Locations in New Zealand, the New Zealand Prize.
Eligibility and Entries
a. be a natural person aged 16 years or over (and if under 18 years of age, have the written consent of their parent or guardian) and not be a company, business or organisation of any description, or an employee of the Promoter, or of any agency associated with this Competition, or any immediate family member of such a person;
b. ordinarily reside in Australia or New Zealand, which, for clarity, includes an entrant residing in Australia or New Zealand for the purposes of university studies;
c. be enrolled on a part time or a full-time basis at a university or polytechnic in Australia or New Zealand, or have graduated from such a university or polytechnic in the two years preceding the entrant's entry into the Competition;
d. register for an You Unlimited Event by following the prompts on the You Unlimited Event Registration page. The link to the You Unlimited Event registration page can be received by either email or via the You Unlimited Event Facebook group created by the Promoter concerning the You Unlimited Event;
e. attend an You Unlimited Event and speak to the Exhibitors in accordance with the Judging Criteria, subject to clause 11; and
f. be physically present at the time the Prize is announced, to claim the Prize,
(each eligible entrant an "Eligible Entrant" and each eligible entry an "Eligible Entry").
Judging and Prizes