CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
2017 AUDIT TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Instructions on how to enter to win the Prize (defined below) form part of these terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Participation in this 2017 Audit Technology Competition ("Competition") is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This Competition is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The Competition is a game of skill for a Prize (defined below) which may be won by an Eligible Entrant (defined below) who submits an Eligible Entry (defined below) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571 of 33 Erskine Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia ("Promoter" or "CA ANZ").
- The Competition commences at 12:00am (AEST) on Friday, 18 August 2017, and ends at 11:59pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 17 October 2017 ("Competition Period"). The Competition Period may be extended in the Promoter's sole discretion.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- "Challenge Response" means the response submitted by an Eligible Entrant in accordance with clause 7.c)iii;
- "Criteria" means a combination of:
- Innovation. Your idea must be new. It must be different to what is already in use by auditors
- Commercial feasibility. Your idea must be practical and capable of being used by auditors in a commercial environment. You should demonstrate awareness of costings, potential risks and limitations.
- Use of technology. The idea must employ new or emerging technology. e.g. apps, data analytics, cloud computing, robotics, drones, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain
- Improvement. You must demonstrate how the audit process has been improved – e.g., through an increase in audit quality, cost effectiveness, efficiency or speed.
- "Eligible Entrant" or "Eligible Entry" has the meaning given to that term in clause 7;
- "immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin;
- "Prize" means a cheque made out to the Winner to the value of $2,000 (including GST);
- "Winner" has the meaning given to that term in clause 11; and
- "$" is a reference to Australian Dollars.
Privacy and Collection Statement
Eligibility and Entries
- To be eligible to participate in this Competition, an entrant must, during the Competition Period:
- be a natural person aged 18 years or over or a group of no more than 4 natural persons aged 18 years or over and not be a company, business or organisation of any description, or an employee of the Promoter, or of any agency associated with this Competition, or any immediate family member of such a person;
- as of Friday, 18 August 2017, be a student at a university that is located in Australia or New Zealand, or a current CA ANZ provisional member;
- visit the application page and:
- create an account by following the prompts and providing such personal information as is required, including full name, email address, phone number and whether you are studying in Australia or New Zealand;
- follow the prompts to visit the page in respect of this Competition;
- submit a response to the following challenge in a way that satisfies the Criteria ("Challenge Response"):
Using new technology, design and present an idea to improve the audit process. It could be an idea to improve the overall process, an existing procedure or a totally new procedure. The idea could be used at any stage of the audit process for example in:
- Pre engagement activities (e.g. independence);
- Planning/Risk assessment;
- Controls Testing;
- Substantive Testing;
- Opinion Formulation; or
The idea could relate to fraud, professional scepticism, Going Concern, professional judgement, materiality, independence or any other issue or concept relevant to the audit process.
Examples of the technologies you may want to consider using are apps, data analytics, cloud computing artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, drones, robotics, blockchain.
agree to these Terms and Conditions; and
follow any other reasonable directions provided by the Promoter and/or its representatives in relation to the Competition,
(each eligible entry is an "Eligible Entry
" and each eligible entrant is an "Eligible Entrant
The number of entries that may be made by an Eligible Entrant is not limited. An Eligible Entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) Prize in total, no matter how many entries are made. There is one (1) Prize available in total.
The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, ignore any entry which it deems to be offensive or inappropriate, which is not or is suspected not to be the entrant's original work, which includes or is suspected of including or breaching third party intellectual property rights, or which otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
By participating in this Competition, each entrant:
- grants to the Promoter a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free and transferrable licence to use, reproduce, segment, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and communicate its Challenge Response in any media, and grants the Promoter the right to sub-licence the rights under this licence to any third party deemed appropriate by the Promoter; and
- consents to the Promoter, its licensees and assigns, doing any act or thing, or omitting to do any act or thing, which may otherwise infringe any of its "moral rights" (being the rights defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or any comparable rights in other jurisdictions).
Judging and the Prize
All Eligible Entries will be compiled by the Promoter as soon as practicable following the end of the Competition Period. Representatives of the Promoter and/or its agent will then convene to determine the three best Challenge Responses submitted as part of an Eligible Entry which best satisfies the Criteria. Those three best entries will be invited to present to a panel of judges either face to face or with via videoconferencing. The judges will decide who the winner is based on the Criteria. The Eligible Entrant who submitted that Eligible Entry will win the Prize ("Winner"). The remaining two entries will be ranked 2nd and 3rd.
The Promoter will attempt to notify the Winner within two (2) days of selection as the Winner by email to the email address nominated in the Winner's Eligible Entry, or as otherwise notified to the Promoter. The email may, in the Promoter's discretion, request reasonable information to confirm the Winner's identity and contact information in order to receive the Prize. At any time during communication with the Winner or with an entrant (whether an Eligible Entrant or otherwise), the Promoter may reasonably request further information from that person.
The Promoter will organise for the Prize to be mailed to the Winner at the residential address nominated by the Winner in the course of their Eligible Entry, or as otherwise notified to the Promoter, within 28 days following notification in accordance with clause 12. It is the responsibility of the Winner to provide their correct personal information and to cash or deposit the cheque in order to receive Prize.
If the Winner cannot be contacted within three months of notification in accordance with clause 12, is not able to satisfy these Terms and Conditions, or forfeits or fails to accept their Prize, then that Winner will be deemed to have forfeited their Prize. In those circumstances, the Eligible Entrant who was judged by the judges as having submitted the second best Challenge Response submitted as part of an Eligible Entry and which best satisfies the Criteria (excluding the Winner's Challenge Response) wins the Prize to which the Winner would have been entitled but for this clause 14 ("Second Chance Winner". The Second Chance Winner will be notified that they have won the Prize in the same manner as the Winner was notified in accordance with clause 12. These Terms and Conditions apply to a Second Chance Winner as if they were the Winner.
There is one (1) Prize available in total, with a total value of $2,000.
If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, may substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
The cheque that forms part of the Prize will be issued in Australian dollars. Any fees associated with cashing or depositing a cheque are the responsibility of the Winner.
The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash.
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who tampers with the entry process or who is not otherwise an Eligible Entrant. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
Subject to clause 22, each entrant releases the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) from all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after its location by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an entrant, Eligible Entrant, Winner or Second Chance Winner; or (f) use of the Prize.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ) ("Consumer Legislation") or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the Consumer Legislation or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter's liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited (at the Promoter's election) to the extent it is able to do so: (a) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (i) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (ii) repairing the goods; (iii) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (iv) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (b) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (i) supply the services again; and/or (ii) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, LinkedIn Corporation, Facebook, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. By participating in this Competition, Eligible Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to LinkedIn Corporation, Facebook, Inc. or Twitter, Inc.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Eligible Entrants submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
Consumer Competition support is available at:
Rosemary King FCA ACCA
Senior Policy Advisor – Reporting and Assurance
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Phone: +61 2 8078 5467
Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 1300 137 322