Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand offer four (4) scholarships annually to help tertiary students and graduates of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage enroll and complete the CA Program and become Chartered Accountants.
We are looking for outstanding final year university students and graduates who are looking to further their career, in accounting and finance, and become a Chartered Accountant. If you are a future leader, a team player and someone who contributes to the Indigenous community of Australia and the accounting profession, we encourage you to apply.
The scholarship will provide recipients with financial assistance for the educational requirements needed to qualify for the CA designation and membership of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
Specifically, scholarship recipients will be exempt from all CA Program module fees, from CA Study Masterclass workshop fees and from annual Provisional Membership fees up to a maximum value of $10,000 per recipient.
To apply for the 2022 Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander scholarship recipients must:
- be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident
- have completed, or be in the final year of a Chartered Accountants ANZ accredited Bachelor degree or a degree which has been assessed as equivalent to at least an Australian Bachelor degree with coverage of required competency areas
- a certified, itemised copy of your academic transcript showing subjects passed and grades awarded, and the years in which you passed
- proof or confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- a resume/curriculum vitae
- a written reference from a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community/organization
- a one-page statement detailing your planned professional career and the reasons for wanting to be a Chartered Accountants ANZ member;
More detailed information can be found in the scholarship Terms and Conditions
Scholarship recipients will be determined by a selection panel appointed by Chartered Accountants ANZ (Committee) based on the quality of the information provided by the applicant, endorsements provided by the applicant's referees and the applicant's extra-curricular activity, community involvement and career ambitions.
Decisions of the Committee will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered. Up to four scholarships may be awarded at the discretion of the Committee. The Committee is not obliged to award any scholarships in any calendar year.
Applications open: Monday 27 June 2022
Applications close: Sunday 21 August 2022
Winners announced: By Friday 30 September 2022
Applications are now closed
Become a Student Affiliate
Start a conversation with Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand by signing up as a Student Affiliate and you’ll be kick-starting your future career in business and finance.Sign up now
Artwork by Sarah Richards - Marrawuy Journeys. More information on Sarah and her artwork can be found here.