The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships provide financial support to help final year university students and graduates to undertake and complete the CA Program.
About the scholarships
There are four (4) Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Scholarships available per year, each valued at $10,000.
The scholarship gives recipients fee exemptions for:
- CA Program modules,
- CA Study Masterclass workshop, and
- annual Provisional Membership.
Applications open: Monday 12 June 2023
Applications close: Sunday 16 July 2023
Winners announced: Friday 4 August 2023
Scholarship applicants must:
- be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student or graduate, and
- have completed, or be in the final year of a Chartered Accountants ANZ accredited Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Eligible applicants must submit the following with their application:
- a certified copy of your full academic transcript
- confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- your resume/CV
- a written reference from a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community/organisation
- a statement outlining your professional career goals and why you want to be a Chartered Accountants ANZ member.
A selection panel, appointed by Chartered Accountants ANZ, assesses applications based on:
- the quality of the information provided
- endorsements provided by the applicant's referees, and
- extra-curricular activity, community involvement and career ambitions.
Read the full terms and conditions for detailed information about the application and selection process.
Artwork by Sarah Richards - Marrawuy Journeys. More information on Sarah and her artwork can be found here.