Through partnering with the Ted Delahunty Trust, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) is offering a NZ$10,000 Award to a CA provisional member residing and working in regional New Zealand.
Applications are now open
1. Award purpose
1. Award purpose
The Award was created to increase the number of Chartered Accountants practicing in provincial New Zealand through financially supporting a provisional member that is committed to residing and working in provincial New Zealand*.
*NB – Provincial New Zealand includes: Northland, Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Gisborne, Hawke's Bay, Taranaki, Manawatu-Whanganui, Tasman, Nelson, Marlborough, West Coast, Canterbury (excluding Christchurch City), Otago and Southland.
2. Selection criteria
This Award is aimed at a provisional member who is currently enrolled and completing the CA Program and ideally approaching or completing the Capstone module – the final technical module in the CA Program. The candidate must be committed to residing and working in provincial New Zealand.
Within the covering letter applicants must be able to confirm or provide examples of:
- Your motivation for applying for this Award;
- Demonstrate a clear vision that you will remain and continue to contribute to your community in your provincial area;
- Any extracurricular and community activities you have been involved in and what they mean personally to you;
- Any leadership or teamwork skills and situations when you have used or developed these skills;
- Your career ambitions, particularly the contribution you would like to make to the New Zealand accounting profession or the New Zealand community; and
- The personal impact that the Award will have on you.
The successful recipient of the Ted Delahunty Leadership Award will receive a one-off payment of NZ$10,000.
Applications open: Monday 15 February 2021
Applications close: Wednesday 31 March 2021
Winners announced: Friday 21 May 2021
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
How to apply
Applications for 2021 are now open. To apply, please request an application form by filling out your details in the request application form below.
In order to be considered, a copy of the application form along with all other supporting documents must be sent to [email protected] by 11.59pm NZST Wednesday 31 March 2021.
Request an application form
Sign up to You Unlimited
Receive updates about future scholarships and enjoy invitations to local careers events, access to graduate and vacation positions, career advice, video testimonials and much more.Click Here