Achiever Program – Information for employers
Thank you for your submissions. Registrations are now closed for the 2023 Achiever Winter cohort.
The Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) Achiever Program helps match your organisation with penultimate and final year tertiary students looking to pursue a career in accounting and gain work experience.
Internships provide a valuable experience for both students and employers. As an employer, this is a terrific opportunity for you to evaluate the upcoming talent and expose those entering the workforce to your company’s brand. We know that recruiting for and running a work experience program requires time, cost and considerable effort.*
For this reason, we've designed a program to do some of the groundwork for you. Chartered Accountants ANZ in partnership with Readygrad, an expert in intern management and graduate recruitment programs, will identify well-rounded, quality students and connect them with employers like yourself offering paid** work experience.
See the participating Employers for the Winter 2023 Achiever Program.
Please read the Employer Guidelines to ensure you understand the terms of participating in the program.
The benefits of the program
- Save time and resources –by allowing us to assist with talent sourcing for a paid** internship placement
- Identify and engage with promising talent
- Build your employer brand with highly engaged students
- Establish a pipeline for your graduate program
- Students can bring a fresh perspective and eagerness to learn and contribute to an organisation
- Receive resources to help guide you through the program
In 2022, 200 students were successfully placed with 220 employers across Australia and New Zealand.
"Ryan brought to work each day a desire to engage with his peers and clients and learn from his experiences. He would ask intelligent questions on assignments so that he could link the 'why' with the 'how'."
How does the process work?
Applicants will undertake an online assessment testing their verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning skills with benchmarks based on a norm group of thousands of assessments.
Additional insights will be provided through a one-way video interview assessing key professional skills such as problem solving, motivation and teamwork. These students are then matched to your organisation based on your specified selection criteria.
Timing, duration and cost
The winter placements will run between July and August 2023. Placements run from 3 to 12 weeks.
To ensure the viability and maintain our high-quality standard of the program, we will be implementing a modest fee of $750 in your local currency for each first successful placement made in your organisation. If you wish to welcome additional interns in the same cohort, a fee of $250 in your local currency will be payable for each extra placement secured, subject to availability and providing equity to all our employer partners. Read more in the FAQs (PDF).
Building a relationship with promising talent ahead of the internship intake period could save you time and effort in the long run. After a positive work experience placement, students may commit to your organisation before they graduate. In 2019, more than 6 out of 10 students that undertook the program stayed on within the organisation either as a graduate or continued casual, part-time, or full-time work. ***
- Monday 30 January to Friday 24 February 2023.
- Monday 6 March to Sunday 26 March 2023.
Do you have more questions?
Please email us at [email protected]
Feedback from employers that participated in the 2021 Achiever Program
- The CA Achiever Program had a seamless process. It was beneficial for organisations as well as students; allow firms to have the CA connection and gives students the opportunity to gain work experience while still studying. – James Watson, Manager, Business and Personal Advisory at WLF
- The process was easy, and all the hard work was taken care of; overall satisfied with the process. We have always experienced excellent Achiever candidate placements that makes us feel positive. – Marie Nickalls, Group Finance Manager at Shortland Chartered Accountants
- It was a good program that allowed us the opportunity to onboard a great intern who we are now looking at offering a permanent role. – Karolina Andrzejczy, Practice Manager, Business Advisory Services at Lifetime
- We've had good candidates come through by the Achiever Program who were offered further employment after their internship – 2 out of 5 were hired. Great support to our broader talent acquisition processes. – Barb Griffen, National HR Director at Cor Cordis
* majerrecruitment.com.au/blog/australian-recruitment-statistics Published 28/2/2018. Revised 7/4/2021
** The salary for student placements is at the discretion of employers and does vary from firm to firm
*** Data collected from 57 employers who participated in the 2019 Achiever Program responding to the question – Did you place any of your candidates in an ongoing position following the completion of their Achiever Placement © 2021 Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571. All rights reserved.
How internships can help you choose the best candidate for the job
Discover how hosting an internship program could help you make more effective hiring decisions.