Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) offer two (2) scholarships annually to help students of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage complete the CA Program and become a Chartered Accountant.
We are looking for outstanding University graduates who are looking to further their career and become a Chartered Accountant. You will be a future leader, a team player and someone who contributes to the Indigenous community of Australia and the accounting profession.
The scholarship will provide recipients with financial assistance for the educational requirements needed to qualify for the CA designation and membership of CA ANZ.
Specifically, scholarship recipients will be exempt from all CA Program module fees, from CA Study Masterclass workshop fees and from annual Provisional Membership fees up to a maximum value of $10,000 per recipient.
To apply for the 2019 Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander scholarship recipients must have:
- completed a CharteredAccountants ANZ accredited degree or a degree which has been assessed as equivalent to at least an Australian Bachelor degree with coverage of required competency areas
- a certified, itemised copy of your academic transcript showing subjects passed and grades awarded, and the years in which you passed
- proof or confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- a resume/curriculum vitae
- a written reference from a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community/organization
- a one-page statement detailing your planned professional career and the reasons for wanting to be a CA ANZ member;
- More detailed information can be found in the scholarship Terms and Conditions
Scholarship recipients will be determined by a selection panel appointed by Chartered Accountants ANZ (Committee) based on the quality of the information provided by the applicant, endorsements provided by the applicant's referees and the applicant's extra-curricular activity, community involvement and career ambitions.
Decisions of the Committee will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered. The Committee is not obliged to award any scholarships in any calendar year.
Applications for 2019 scholarships must be submitted by Tuesday the 11th of June 2019. Full terms and conditions can be found on the application form.Download application form
Artwork by Sarah Richards - Marrawuy Journeys. More information on Sarah and her artwork can be found here.